Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:54:24AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:00:41AM +0100, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 08:18:54PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have just packaged and released perl4caml 0.3.7 to Incoming.  It
> > > should appear in sid after the usual delay.
> > >
> > > It is split into three packages: the shared library, the development
> > > files, and the documentation.
> > >
> > > -- John
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> > Well, i was thinking the perl4caml was packaged by Richard Jones (
> > upstream author of perl4caml and mod_caml ).
>
> Yeah, he already made some packaging work, but didn't go to the
> subversion injection. As he is no developer, maybe you could cowork on
> this package, or make it a commonly maintained packages by the
> debian/ocaml team ? With you as the main uploader ?
>
> > Any way, should we inject it in pkg-ocaml-maint ( are you interested in
> > it ? ).
>
> Yes,
>
> Sylvain, could you contact Richard to get a copy of his latest packaging
> effort, and maybe inject both copies of it, in two branches maybe, and
> we can then look at them, select the best one, or merge the two of them
> in the trunk.

Hello,

Well, i think there won't be a pkg-ocaml-maint perl4caml ( ocamlodbc,
ocamldbi, pycaml )... :-(

But anyway : free means free. Even if i think it is a good idea to have
a main repository for all ocaml packages, i won't force anybody to do so
. ( i will personnaly maintain all my package -- even only maintained by
me -- into pkg-ocaml-maint ).

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL