Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:00:41AM +0100, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 08:18:54PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have just packaged and released perl4caml 0.3.7 to Incoming.  It
> > should appear in sid after the usual delay.
> >
> > It is split into three packages: the shared library, the development
> > files, and the documentation.
> >
> > -- John
> >

> > --
> >

> Well, i was thinking the perl4caml was packaged by Richard Jones (
> upstream author of perl4caml and mod_caml ).

Yeah, he already made some packaging work, but didn't go to the
subversion injection. As he is no developer, maybe you could cowork on
this package, or make it a commonly maintained packages by the
debian/ocaml team ? With you as the main uploader ?

> Any way, should we inject it in pkg-ocaml-maint ( are you interested in
> it ? ).

Yes,

Sylvain, could you contact Richard to get a copy of his latest packaging
effort, and maybe inject both copies of it, in two branches maybe, and
we can then look at them, select the best one, or merge the two of them
in the trunk.