Re: Looking for a longterm sponsor for debmirror (ocaml rewrite)

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:55:35PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 12:46:00PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > > Can you create an empty directory "debmirror" and give write access to
> > > goswin-guest for that part? Only downloaded cdebootstrap once with svn
> > > but it seems to become popular. Time to learn it.
> >
> > I haven't created the debmirror directory yet, but I've added your user
> > to the pkg-ocaml-maint project with commit permission. You can create
> > the debmirror directory by yourself.
>
> Let me try doing that. I hope I don't mess anything up. Thanks for
> adding me.

> > > completly empty or just svn and nothing else?
> >
> > Mainly we've created the pkg-ocaml-maint project just to have a svn
> > repository, we've used only it and nothing else. Maybe we can add at
> > least an HTML page explaining that all our work is carried on on svn ...
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> Can one browse the repository? From what I saw of cdebootstrap is
> accessible wth http so that should be fairly easy. A link to that
> would be helpfull.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

Well, i think you can have two way to inject debmirror into
pkg-ocaml-maint :
- you only upload tarball and debian/ to .../packages/debmirror/trunk
- you upload full source in .../projects/debmirror/trunk

All depends on what you want :
- only work on debian part in pkg-ocaml-maint and maintain your own
  CVS/SVN/whatever version elsewhere
- you use alioth structure to hold the full release of debmirror.

I think you are more near the 2nd solution... Your tools is for debian,
you write it in ocaml... A lot of reason to inject it in /projects/

So it is my 2 cents... I am not a DD, so i could not offer you a
sponsoring ;-)

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL

ps : if you have any question on how to inject your work into
pkg-ocaml-maint, i am regularly on IRC #debian-ocaml-maint ( well since
i need to sleep, i won't be there till tomorrow afternoon )