Re: Looking for a longterm sponsor for debmirror (ocaml rewrite)

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:23:33AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm in the last stages of the long awaited debmirror rewrite. After
> > having compared perl, python and ocaml some time ago ocaml came out
> > best (and is my favourite anyway) so I went with that.
> >
> > So now I have a debmirror in ocaml implementing many of the wishlist
> > bugs of debmirorr and adding some new features as well but a slightly
> > hard time finding a sponsor.
>
> Notice, that the ocaml strike force subversion repository may be a good
> place to hold such stuff, if you want. It is the natural place for
> holding ocaml related packages, especially if you would like to have
> them sponsored.
>
> > Is anyone here using debmirror already and willing to act as a long
> > term sponsor? Or someone willing to do so even without using it
> > themself (yet)?
>
> Altough i don't use debmirror (yet ?), i would be glad to sponsor you
> for it, provided you check it in in the above mentioned subversion
> repository, at least for the debian directory part of it.
>
> See http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ocaml-maint/ for more details.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

The existing debmirror (perl) is part of the debix cvs on alioth. I
intended to replace that with the rewrite. But keeping all ocaml
programms together sounds just as good keeping all tools I use for
debix together.

Can you create an empty directory "debmirror" and give write access to
goswin-guest for that part? Only downloaded cdebootstrap once with svn
but it seems to become popular. Time to learn it.

>From the alioth webpages pkg-ocaml-maint looks completly virgin. Is it
completly empty or just svn and nothing else?

MfG
        Goswin