Re: D-I translations: tasksel (Denis Barbier mail to -i18n)

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 12:07:15PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
[...]
> > Uhm ... I don't understand what you mean with "prepare a working task".
> > IIRC is just a matter of adding a Task: field to the debian/control of
> > packages. Am I wrong?
>
> I don't remember exactly, I was under the impression that there was
> something to be added to the tasksel package, maybe just the info about
> the ocaml Task, and the translation/decsriptions of it. I have not
> checked.

Right, a file must be added into tasksel/tasks/, hints are available
in tasksel/tasks/README.  This added file will contain the task
description, and as it is now translatable, the sooner it is included
in SVN, the better.

> Ideally, we should prepare a list of all packages that should go in the
> ocaml task. The task would be a devel task, so i guess this would
> include at least ocaml, ocaml-doc & ocaml-books, ledit and all the
> libraries, as well as ocaml-tools.

Libraries should not be included unless they are really generic, but
other tools could be listed, like ocamlcvs, ocaml-findlib, ocaml-ulex,
ocaml-wlex, tuareg-mode, ... (I do not use these tools, but gather
this list from the package description, so it may be inaccurate)

After writing and testing your tasksel/tasks/ocaml-dev file, you could
file a bugreport against tasksel.  IMO it will then be considered, see
eg http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=226861&msg=13&att=0

Denis