Re: D-I translations: tasksel (Denis Barbier mail to -i18n)

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 09:57:14AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:48:42PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Joeyh, would it be ok to add a ocaml task there, in addition to the
> > C/C++, Perl, Java and i don't remember what else it was. I know the
> > ocaml task was rejected for the woody release, but back then i was told
> > it would be ok for sarge.
> >
> > (CCing to the debian-ocaml-maint mailing list).
>
> Have you got any answer?

Not yet.

> If not, what about asking the same on debian-devel or similar? I think
> we really deserver an ocaml task and I don't want to miss it just
> because someone is unresponsive ...

You did work on this the last time ? And you maintain or co-maintain the
meta packages right now. What about we prepare a working taks for
tasksel, i test it in a personal d-i build or something, and then we
fill a buglist report against tasksel, and i follow the discussion with
the people making the decision. After all, there is currently a java
task, and there is not even a free mainstream java compiler in debian,
altough it seems kaffe, gcj and co are getting there quickly.