Re: Cryptokit port to Numerix [updated -- need upload sponsor]

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 05:14 am, you wrote:
[snip]

> Just to explain : you don't need to merge your changelog entry to have
> -1. You can inject a -8 package into debian unstable... It is better to
> keep your real changelog entry... ( I think you can revert it with
> svn... ). The only change will be that your uploader will need to
> dpkg-buildpackage -XXX ( don't remember the option ).

Right, dpkg-buildpackage -sa.  Reverted.

> Another point : i think it is not a good idea to build the toplevel
> numerix... I explain :
> - many lib can be injected in a toplevel ( Unix ). What if a user want
>   Unix and Numerix in his toplevel... You won't provide a cross binding
>   of all lib for a toplevel ! So the better idea is not to provide it,
>   but to explain how to create a toplevel with your lib.
> - LICENCE, not all part of OCaml is LGPL/GPL... In fact producing
>   toplevel required to link with part which are not LGPL... producing a
>   forbidden exec...

Thanks for the heads-up.  I removed the toplevel and man page from the deb.

> You should set Maintainer to Debian Ocaml Task Force (  please check
> this part in other ocaml debian package, i don't know precisely which
> email address it is ). Your sponsor will be Uploader fields.... And you
> will be changelog entry ( i know it seems like it doesn't recognize you
> as maintainer ). Maybe you could invertigate on the field you need to
> fill to be co maintainer... Setting this Maintainer help ocaml debian
> team to close some bugs etc...

Done (patterned after camlimages debian/control).

> Please, could you revert your changelog to have all your -X ( it is
> better for tagging ).

Done.  The above changes are committed to svn as -5, not yet tagged.

> Thanks a lot
> Kind regard
> Sylvain LE GALL

Thanks to you as well!

> ps : i don't think i can review RSA part....
> pps : right now i am very busy with personnal work that need to be done
> fast ( ie for friday ). I will review your package ASAP after this.

Any chance these (numerix and cryptokit) could get uploaded more or less as
they are so that they can get into the NEW queue?  They will need to
propagate before sks packaging can get much farther.