Re: non-free removal GR and our position to it ...

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:12:21PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> And what about the BTS, and other developer infrastructures ?

It's all on the debian CVS, it's (or it should be) just a matter of
installing them on another machine.

> And in particular, does that mean that we will drop ocaml-doc,
> ocaml-books-en and ocaml-books-fr ?

No, that we move them to this new "non-free debian" project. It's up to
each maintainer to decide to keep on maintaining the package or not,
personally I've ever maintained ocaml-book and I'm interested in
maintaining it in the future.

> Yeah, except the burden will be on the developers of non-free stuff,
> which have more interesting things to do with their time.

Do you think so? And why they don't have more interesting things to do
_now_ instead of maintaining non-free packages in debian?

^Stefano Zacchiroli - Computer Science PhD student @ Uny Bologna, Italy$
^zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} -- http://www.bononia.it/zack$
^Frequentando il mio maestro mi ero reso conto [.] che la logica poteva$
^servire a molto a condizione di entrarci dentro e poi di uscirne -Adso$