Re: non-free removal GR and our position to it ...

Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> > The apt system is structured in such a way that you can use any
> > repository you want. Splitting non-free out of debian will simply imply
> > that debian machines wont host non-free packages anymore. We will
> > probably see the creation of something like non-free-debian.org which
> > will ship all those packages. All the users willing to use non-free
> > packages will just have to add the relevant lines in their sources.list.
>
> And what about the BTS, and other developer infrastructures ?

Can be installed on third party machines as well.

> And in particular, does that mean that we will drop ocaml-doc,
> ocaml-books-en and ocaml-books-fr ?

Not really a problem. Again, it is a matter of moving every non-free
stuff out of debian.org resources. It doesn't mean we can't setup
something satisfactory elsewhere.

> > It's just a matter of standardizing a well-known repository of non-free
> > packages and move it out of debian. Really.
>
> Yeah, except the burden will be on the developers of non-free stuff,
> which have more interesting things to do with their time.

We don't care for them.

--
Jérôme Marant