Re: findlib 1.x's features (includes shining new METAs for lablg*)

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 09:14:06PM +0100, Remi Vanicat wrote:
>> Well, I would prefer that lablgtk doesn't depend on findlib, may be it
>> would be better to make a conflict, as in
>
> Yes, is a possibility, but why?

Well, because one can use lablgtk/lablgl without findlib, and I do
know that there are people who prefer to not use findlib. So We should
give the possibility to our user to install lablgtk without installing
findlib.

If we add a depend, we remove this possibility. If we add a conflict
with older version of findlib, we clearly stat that the new lablgtk
do not work with older version of findlib, but we still give to our
user the possibility to install lablgtk without findlib.

One could also not put any new dependency (depend nor conflict) or only
a suggest/recommend (but I don't know how a suggest/recommend could
work with dependency)

--
Rémi Vanicat