Re: [MY CRAWLING] NM process

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:08:25AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 07:42:36AM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:19:57PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >
> > > - your AM is your only entry point to the NM process, which means
> >
> > this is not true. If you have a justified complaint about the process
> > then you may always contact frontdesk (actually tbm), and he will try
> > to clear out the problem. IMHO it is time for you to do exactly that.
>
> BTW, i was asking this, because i felt like writing someone a little
> mail telling about how helpfull and valuable Sylvain has been, and why
> its NM process is not advancing or something such. Do you think that
> would help ?

Yes, I think under normal circompstances it would help to send a letter
of recommendation. In the actual situation, however, I think it would be
just lost since the process is stalled anyway.

The AM should always try to get several different opinions about
an applicant, for instance I think it is a good idea for an AM
to actively contact people who have in the past collaborated with
the candidate. This is at least what I ususlly do as an AM.

-Ralf.