Re: lablgtk, camlimages, advi, cameleon and libpng.

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 07:08:05PM +0100, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I do not really see the point of renaming lablgtk2 to lablgtk.
>  Other gtk/gnome-based packages are now called *2.
>
>  What about this alternative proposal?
>
>  1. add a new package camlimages1 linked against lablgtk.
>  2. make cameleon depend on camlimages1
>  3. link camlimages to lablgtk2
>
>  and, as soon as cameleon is completely ported to lablgtk2
>
>  4. upload a new version of cameleon that depends on camlimages and lablgtk2
>  5. drop camlimages1 and lablgtk from testing
>
>  Chances are that 4 and 5 will be done before the freeze.
>  In the meantim 1-3 is a reasonable state (and everything is always
>  freezed in the meantime).

Hello again,

Well a idea just hit me ...

What about :
camlimages ( normal )
camlimages-lablgtk ( just contains the part linked with lablgtk )
camlimages-lablgtk2 ( just contains the part linked with lablgtk2 )

camlimages-lablgtk conflicts with camlimages-lablgtk2

During the build you begin to build with lablgtk, then switch to
lablgtk2 and only rebuild part depending on this switch. It will save
compilation time.

This way we can keep the two version.

In fact, there is only one modules that depends on lablgtk...

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL