Re: lablgtk, camlimages, advi, cameleon and libpng.

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:49:12PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
>

> > I thus propose the following plan, and an alternative plan below it :
> >
> > Plan A:
> >
> >   - we rename lablgtk2 to lablgtk, and it becomes our default lablgtk.
> >   - lablgtk2 is linked with libpng12.
> >   - camlimage is built with it.
> >   - we rename current lablgtk as lablgtk1 for compatibility reasons.
> >   - cameleon is either fixed to build with lablgtk2.
>
> I have no real idea but I'm not sure it is wise to make such
> changes if we want to keep our packages in a releasable
> state in testing.

What about uploading lablgtk1, which does provide lablgtk and slowly
migrate the dependency on lablgtk to dependencies on lablgtk1.

The real question, is what to do about camlimages. Stefano has said he
has not much time about for it, and it is problematic.

Will we keep a camlimages1 and a camlimages2 packages, or could we just
go with a camlimages packages which builds on lablgtk2 ?

What is cameleon's exact dependency on camlimages anyway ?