Re: advi as collective maintainership ?

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:32:44AM +0100, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 08:51:52AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am lacking the time for doing a good job with advi, as can be seen
> > with the many bug reports i have against it.
> >
> > So, i am considering doing the collective maintainership for it, with
> > still me for the main maintainer, or straight out orphaning it, but i
> > don't know if there will be someone who will pick it up in this case.
> >
> > Any opinion on this, and is there more to it than simply uploading with
> > the new maintainer/uploaders fields ?
> >
> > Advi is already in the subversion repository.
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
> >

> Hello,
>
> It seems that the current way of proceeding is to fill Maintainer as
> Debian Ocaml Task Force... and to write all the member of ocaml task
> force in the uploader field.

Ok, standard stuff then.

> By the way : is there a way to convert ps to dvi ?

i guess that doing a .tex file that embedds a .ps would be one way of
doing that. It would be more meaningfull to somehow work with the source
of your .ps though. abiword had some latex export functionality last i
checked.

> I don't use latex, so i think i cannot get dvi file at all. Have you a
> solution ?

I wonder what use is advi without latex sources though.

One solution would be to get ant (ant is not tex, not the java stuff) to
a proper way, and interface its low level stuff with a nice presentation
making GUI, and feed the resulting dvi to advi.

You could even combine them and have ant speak to advi's rendering code
directly.

I had plan for this, but not enough time to implement it.