Re: patch - add an ocaml-interp binary package

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:21:48AM -0800, David Fox wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> >I guess it will not be needed to do a similar split for the other
> >libraries, since if someone wants to use one of those as a script, he
> >should depend on the full -devel file.
> >
> I would encourage package maintainers to do a similar split, or to move
> the .cma and .cmi files out of the devel package into the run time
> package.   Especially Pcre.   :-)

I don't know about pcre, but i feel that it is not worth it. If people
are going to want to use these packages in scripts or whatever, then all
the dependencies that come from the -dev package are needed anyway, and
the -dev packages are not so big that they warrant being split in a
separate package.