Re: Policy ready to be edited

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:53:19AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:11:05AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Yes, META plus others files. I said it is stupid to create a directory
> > > dedicated at _only one_ file which is the META file. In that case,
> > > stdlibdir/META.pkg.
> > No, i object. stdlib/METAS/META.pkg, then yes.
>
> Ok, but just for METAs that will be otherwise alone in an empty
> directory. METAs shipped in a directory with the rest of the library
> stuff should remain there, ok?

Fine with me, altough if both are acceptable, then there is no reason a
package maintainer (or an upstream) may not decide to move the META file
there by default.

In fact i don't understand what is the reasoning behind not choosing to
use a single directory only for debian package (and write it in the
policy) even if findlib does also accept META files in stdlib subdirs
for backward compatibility reasons.

> As soon as the ocaml 3.07 transition is over I will release a findlib
> package with stdlib/META in the findlib path.

Ok.