Re: Policy ready to be edited

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 11:52:53PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just finish to fixed the policy document you can found on
> pkg-ocaml-maint / dh-make-ocaml/trunk/policy. There is a master document
> ( ocaml_packaging_policy.xml ) and chapter/appendix.
>
> Off course, they need to be filled by something ( sorry i have no time
> to do something more clean ).

Ok, i will try to add some of the stuff from the old policy document in
time, provided i can use conglomerate or something such for it. If not i
will just post the paragraphs, and leave the work of actually adding
them to someon more XML fluent.

> As we have discussed on friday night :
> - choose between putting META file either in stdlibdir/META.package
>   or stdlibdir/package/META ( we have choose the second one because it is
>   the default way of doint this with ocamlfind... )

As i understood it, they go in package/META, because the other method
was not supported yet by findlib. If that has changed, it would be nicer
to put them all in a ocamllib/METAS directory, and have findlib modified
accordyingly.

> - separated camlp4 extension in stdlibdir/package-syntax/. Add a META
>   file in this directory with the syntax target.

No idea about this, i don't really use camlp4 so, ...

> - define a way to ship documentation generated by package or mli
>   translation through ocamldoc :
>    - my idea : create an ocamldoc-base package containing a script able
>      to convert "ocamldoc.... -dump package.odoc" through "ocamldoc -load
>      package.odoc .... (-html|-man|... )" to html, manpages...
>    - zack idea : just use ocamldoc to generate html documentation in the
>      package.

Mmm, i will let this one to you.