Re: ocaml 3.07 excuses ...

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:30:35AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > Ok, most of these packages are currently rebuilt and mostly only wait
> > for the right time to be updated, but i would like everyone to go over
> > this list, and check the packages of them they maintain and report to
> > the list back the status of these different packages.

> > Anyway, the transition is almost ok now, unless we missed some important
> > problem
>
> Cameleon still needs to be rescheduled on m68k. OCamlSDL is ready.

Ok, i did a bit more detailed analysi, and the results are :

 cameleon : m68k, 7/10
 gdome2-xslt : hppa, m68k, sparc, 6/10
 gmetadom : hppa, 6/10
 lablgtkmathview : hppa, m68k, s390, sparc, 3/10
 gtkmathview : hppa, s390, sparc, 6/10
 netclient : arm, m68k, s390
 ocamlnet : m68k
 pcre-ocaml : m68k
 xstr : m68k, s390
 pxp : m68k, s390, 9/10
 shell : s390

Those that only need time :

 lablgl : 6/10
 gdome2 : 7/10
 labgltk2 : 6/10
 wlex : 9/10

Which means that ocaml can go in in a week from now (lablgtkmathview, 3/10),
and that i may make a priority medium upload of the fixed ocaml today,
without messing up with the migration purpose. If there is no word
against this, i will do it this evening before the dinstall run.

Now, let's look at the remaining build problems :

sparc : gdome2-xslt, lablgtkmathview, gtkmathview.

  Strange, sparc should be ok. gdome2-xslt is the one with problems, and
  is failing on the 3 arches (m68k, hppa & sparc), but on sparc it fails
  with :

    After installing, the following source dependencies are still unsatisfied:
    libgdome2-ocaml-dev(inst 0.1.10-5 ! >= wanted 0.2.1)
    libgdome2-cpp-smart-dev(inst 0.1.10-5 ! >= wanted 0.2.1)

  Well, seems ok, These are the gmetadom dependencies, and where build
  on sparc on october 10, the same day the sparc autobuilder tried to
  build them.

hppa : gdome2-xslt, gmetadom, lablgtkmathview, gtkmathview

  Should be the same analysis as above, with one package delay.

s390 : lablgtkmathview, gtkmathview, netclient, xstr, pxp, shell.

  lablgtkmathview & gtkmathview are the same as above.

  netclient, xstr, pxp and shell are depending on findlib, and between
  themselves, they should be fixed in time.

m68k : cameleon, gdom2-xslt, lablgtkmathview, netclient, ocamlnet, pcre-ocaml, xstr, pxp

  Seems to be the same as above, plus cameleon.

arm : netclient

  netclient was last tried on arm on October 3, and there was no xstr
  and ocamlnet at that time. A rebuild is needed.

So all seems well, and to be in the hand of the autobuilders. The
netclient build on arm may need manual proding, but since it is the only
one, it should not be a major problem to do it once we are nearer the
migration date. We can even try building it by hand on one of the arm
devel boxes, if needed.