Re: One more idea

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:44:11PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One idea came to my mind recently.
> It would be nice to have a debian package dedicated at ocaml
> development, including m4 macros for autoconf/automake,
> makefile generic targets and so on.

This seems like a good idea. I can even contribute my Makefile setup for
it, altough i doubt it is very optimal (it uses recursive makes, which
takes time, but adapting it to versioned binaries took 1 minutes).

BTW, i really hate OcamlMakefile. How do you tell it that no, there is
no ocamlc.opt installed, and that it should not be trying to use it,
even if it is existing on this architecture. (This is bug report #214993
for ara, which i thought the maintainer did fix, but he did not).

> I think people usually tend to rewrite makefiles, and m4 macros
> and it is usually counterproductive.
> Is ocaml-tools a place for them?

Yep, and i need to add ocamake to it too.