Re: our ocaml package and upstream patch 2

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:21:37PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 02:59:31PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I've just rebuilt a local ocaml package including the patch 2 and it
> > > seems to work fine without introducing binaries incompatibilities.
> > Yep, Xavier confirmed that to me. Also, i doubt any existing code uses
> > that feature yet, so we are safe from it for the next week or so, since ...
>
> You're wrong: CDuce already uses that feature :-)

Do we havea debian package for it, and what does it do ?

BTW, if there is not yet a debian package, then this one doesn't count,
as far as migration is concerned.

> > > If the formar: do we think that it's wise? Ocaml packages should enter
> > > all together in testing and lablgl is only 4 days old and still we have
> > > to solve the bignum issue ... Is it possible to fix and upload the ocaml
> > > package now?
> > I prefer not, especially as the patch has not yet (to my knowledge)
> > reached its definite form.
>
> Ok, but at least is official, while the one we actually ship is not.

It is as official as this patch. It was taken out of CVS.

> Anyway, it's ok for me to wait for ocaml to enter testing, _but_ if you
> have to do another upload before the testing migration then please drop
> the current camlp4 patch and apply bugfix patch 2.

Well, i have already two bugfixes in wait right now, altough minor ones,
as well as the potential hppa issue, but in particular i am waiting
about :

> Feel free to send me feedback on this patch.  Both negative ("it still
> doesn't work") and positive ("it fixed my problems") feedback are
> useful in deciding when to consider 3.07 as finished and to rebuild
> the binary distributions.
>
> - Xavier Leroy

Before doing any rash applying.

Also, ocaml is : "Too young, only 8 of 10 days old", and i will at least
like to wait for it to be a Valid Candidate, to have real information
about packages we may have missed. All my packages (except advi) are now
built on all arches and ready to enter in 6-7 days, and i suspect that
most of yours will be too in two days or so.

Cameleon is pretty messy though, but i think that it should also solve
itself out in a few days.