Re: Ocaml 3.07 mini-freeze scheduled for monday, ocotber the 13th.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:10:05PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Ralf Treinen <treinen@club-internet.fr>:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:04:14AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > > I therefor announce a deadline date for an ocaml 3.07 mini-freeze to be
> > > held onimonday, the 13th of october 2003. Ocaml is right now built on
> >
> > Here is a list of packages that still depend on ocaml 3.06,
> > produced with
> >
> > grep-available -s Package,Maintainer,Depends -F Depends -e
> > "ocaml-3.06|ocaml-base-3.06"
> >
> > The list is certainly not in sync (I just updated my apt-cache
> > from ftp.fr.debian.org though) but it gives an upper approximation.
>
> The list in not accurate because Stefano and I build our
> packages for powerpc. Lately, may problems with ocaml (and xlibs)
> prevented autobuilders to be up-to-date for i386.

I think there is more to this than that, and we will never really know
until ocaml is ready to enter testing, and Bjorn's script will show the
problem to us.

BTW, i NMU uploaded ara with the maintainers consent. I bet none of you
knew about ara, well, at least i didn't know last week.