Re: Anyone depending on a library exported by cameleon

Quoting Sylvain LE GALL <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>:

> > Please _do not_ change the package layout now. Try to make it
> > build with 3.07 and that's all.
> >
> > How soon can you make it available?
> >

> Humm...
>
> The problem with the actual layout is that it make META.* file useless,
> since ocamlfind cannot take it into account. ( to my mind ).

The META files problem is secondary and packages work fine without.
My objective is to get cameleon built against ocaml 3.07 as soon
as possible because sarge is meant to be released at the end of
this year.

So no change in packages means no new bug to deal with.

> Anyway, i can keep the actual layout but the next version of cameleon,
> will have the layout i am using ! ( since cameleon will be findlib aware
> ).

Probably.

> What i can do, is to made all the file available in
> /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07/cameleon via a symbolic link ( except for the META
> which will stay in their own directory, since in .../cameleon they are
> useless ).
>
> Do you agree ?

I think that you don't need to make any change right now.

> Sylvain LE GALL
>
> ps : concerning the availability of cameleon, it will take me more than
> the recompilation time, there are many manpages to write.

Please leave manpages alone. Cameleon needs to be ready before 15th October.

--
Jérôme Marant