Re: Anyone depending on a library exported by cameleon

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 11:58:44PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:29:13PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > Quoting Sylvain LE GALL <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am working on cameleon.
> > >
> > > In order to make the META work, i need to split the
> > > /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07/cameleon
> > > in many small pieces ( report, ocamlcvs, configwin et al ).
> >
> > Please _do not_ change the package layout now. Try to make it
> > build with 3.07 and that's all.
> >
> > How soon can you make it available?
> >

> Humm...
>
> The problem with the actual layout is that it make META.* file useless,
> since ocamlfind cannot take it into account. ( to my mind ).

Like said, look at the lablgtk/lablgtkgl solution.

> Anyway, i can keep the actual layout but the next version of cameleon,
> will have the layout i am using ! ( since cameleon will be findlib aware
> ).
>
> What i can do, is to made all the file available in
> /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07/cameleon via a symbolic link ( except for the META
> which will stay in their own directory, since in .../cameleon they are
> useless ).
>
> Do you agree ?
>
> Sylvain LE GALL
>
> ps : concerning the availability of cameleon, it will take me more than
> the recompilation time, there are many manpages to write.

Upload first, then you can do a second upload with the manpages. It is
important that the technical side of the package gets tested earlier,
and we can add manpages later on, even near the release or after the
freeze, there would be no problem in making a new upload with just added
manpages.