Re: [xavier.leroy@inria.fr: Re: [Caml-list] Copyright Clarifications]

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 01:21:54PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> > But, this will happen only after the testing migration is completed, so,
> > as said, business as usual, there will still be time to make high
> > priority cleanup later on, if it is needed.
>
> Err, no, we must not allow ocaml 3.07 to enter testing if it violates
> policy. Either we get a new license from HP or we repackage ocaml.
> Debian policy is not secondary.

Well, i don't think so. It can enter testing for a few days, together
with the rest of the ocaml packages, and then it will quickly be
replaced by a fixed version if needed in 3 days or so.

I think it is important that we don't _ship_ sarge with this problem,
but there should be no major problem about having such packages in
testing for a few days.

Glibc and XFree86 have similar licencing problems, and they are in
testing.

Again, business as usual, until we have some clear information about
what will happen or not happen with the licence. This is a minor issue i
can in the worst case fix in a few minutes/hours, and upload priority
high to the testing-proposed-updates queue if needed, it should not stop
us from the major goal of having ocaml 3.07 ready for the sarge release.

And notice that ocaml 3.07 is not buggy in this regard than 3.06 or even
3.04 which is in stable, so should we immediately ask for the removal of
3.06 from sargen and/or from all previously released stable versions ?