Re: Should we fill RFP against all sort of interesting ocaml stuff ?

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:47:33AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:21:23AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Should we start filling RFP bugreports against wnpp for them, in hope
> > of attracting new ocaml maintainers, or potential maintainers ?
>
> No, I don't think so. RFP are for users interested in a package, using
> them to state that, as a maintainers, we would like to see them in
> Debian is an abuse IMO.

Ok. But the idea was to give potential new maintainers an idea of what
kind of stuff is worth packaging. Maybe a mail to debian-mentors would
do or something such, but i still think that an RFP might be a good
thing.

> > Good candidates are mod_ocaml and ocamltemplate recently announced.
> > Ensmble would be nice, but packaging seems a difficult task, as the
> > build system doesn't seem that nice.
>
> BTW, we are planning to have an evening/night here in Paris to work on a
> lot of pending ocaml issues on Debian, including packaging of some
> applications (which will be performed by me and Sylvain since Jerome and
> Ralf don't agree :-PPP).

Nice. when will that be ? I can maybe participate, even if i am not in
Paris, or it maybe possible that i am in Paris at that time, not sure
though.

> Sylvain, could you please the sort of TODO list we wrote down during the
> last First Jeudi?

Ok. A revival of a topackage list would be a nice thing to have.

> Cheers.
>
> PS BTW if you're interested to come feel free to, but AFAIK you're no
>    longer in Paris, right?

Well, i am in Strasbourg, but may occasionnally be in Paris on some
occasions, altough there are few of them right now.