Re: [xavier.leroy@inria.fr: [Caml-list] Objective Caml 3.07 final release]

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 07:39:25PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:32:07PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > It is a matter of timeline mainly.
> >
> > Mmm, i am not sure i understand you here, what are you saying this about
> > exactly ? For me at least, most of the packages will be ready, i guess
> > Stefano will also be ready, at least for his libraries. The mayor
> > problem will be with upstreams who are not ready for this deadline,
> > which is why i asked all of you to investigate with your upstreams what
> > the situation was going to be a few week ago, but nobody seemed to care.
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
> >

> Hello,
>
> I don't know what think jerome marant about it but i think that cameleon
> will not be ready in one week ( there is two big transition on the move
> in cameleon : findlib and lablgtk2 ). However, cameleon without this two
> transition should be ready. Maybe upstream could do a minor release.

Well, if all the libraries are ready for october 15, it would be good
already. Here is what the release schedule was supposed to be :

        * October 1st

                Drop the RC bug list by ~150 bugs to ~100
                (via removals, fixes and workarounds)

                1st test cycle, public request for comments

                Last minute fixes and changes to the installer

        * October 15th

                Drop the RC bug list by ~100 bugs to ~0
                (via fixes, workarounds, wishful thinking and ignorance)

                Final, last minute, low-risk bug fixes only

                Get support for sarge up and running on security.debian.org

                2nd test cycle, public request for comments

But then, we have :

Total number of release-critical bugs: 712
Number that will disappear after removing packages marked [REMOVE]: 57
Number that have a patch: 100
Number that have a fix prepared and waiting to upload: 26
Number that are being ignored: 15
Number on packages not in testing: 206

So i guess we have slipped already.

Let's try our best in this week to upload all packages, and we can take
a round on friday or something such to discuss the problematic cases,
and see what we can do.

> I will try to ask Maxence Guesdon about that.

Ok.

> By the same way : i cannot build mldonkey without zoggy which is part of
> cameleon. So the priority is to my mind a release of cameleon ( upstream
> ).

Mmm.

> I will try to work on it to release mldonkey ASAP.

Ok.