Re: About this ocaml versioning stuff

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:25:41PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> I'll accept anything as long as:
> - we respect compatibility with other distro as I explained
> - we (every maintainer) don't have to support more than the latest
> version of ocaml

Nobody says that maintainers "have to"!

I only made a proposal that permit maintaners who are willing to, to do
it. Is it so counterproducing to leave this additional door open?

An additional good point in supporting also old versions is that with
ocaml 3.07 some backward incompatibilities have been added.

If this trend is going to be maintained in next release (hopefully I
would say, given that better improvement to the language could be added
only with some sacrifices) there will be people that can be in need of
old ocaml versions.

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney