Re: ocaml 3.07 packages.

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:28:17PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 07:45:31PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hello, ...
> >
> > I have begun work on making a ocaml-3.07 3.06.99.2003.07.05-1 package
> > out of yesterdays CVS, and am working on a patch to add a suffix to the
> > binaries. I will upload packages later today to :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/ocaml-3.07
> >

> Ok, i have done a bit more work over lunchtime, and uploaded the new
> packages. They are called ocaml-3.07, ocaml-base-3.07 and so on. Even a
> new ocaml-source-3.07 is included.

A quick update, i am just uploading a 3.06.99.2003.07.05-5 package,
which seems mostly ok. It even installs now, together with the standard
ocaml packages, so people can play with them. I suppose i could now
upload this to unstable, since the packages are called ocaml-3.07 and
so, so will conflict with nothing else, and there is the delat until it
is reviewed and accepted.

> Binaries and libraries are ok for multiple distribution, things that
> need yet to be fixed are :
>
>   manpages

manpages for binaries are ok, i moved the manpages for the stdlib into
/usr/share/man/man3/ocaml/3.07, but this doesn't sound like a definitive
solution.

>   emacs stuff

I moved emacs stuff into the ocaml-3.07 directory, no idea if it really
works with emacs, one of the emacs user should test it.

>   tex stuff

Maxence will remove the need for this, disabled for now anyway.

>   JoeCaml.xpm

Renamed to ocaml-3.07.xpm.

So, please test and comment back.