Re: ocaml 3.07 packages.

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 07:45:31PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello, ...
>
> I have begun work on making a ocaml-3.07 3.06.99.2003.07.05-1 package
> out of yesterdays CVS, and am working on a patch to add a suffix to the
> binaries. I will upload packages later today to :
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/ocaml-3.07

Ok, i have done a bit more work over lunchtime, and uploaded the new
packages. They are called ocaml-3.07, ocaml-base-3.07 and so on. Even a
new ocaml-source-3.07 is included.

Binaries and libraries are ok for multiple distribution, things that
need yet to be fixed are :

  manpages
  emacs stuff
  tex stuff
  JoeCaml.xpm

Manpages will be simply using the -3.07 appended name, which should be
ok, maybe having the non -3.07 appended name being symlinked in the
wrapper scripts.

Emacs stuff is in ./usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ocaml/, which could become
./usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ocaml/3.07, but i would need comments on
emacs savy guys.

Tex stuff is just ./usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/misc/ocamldoc.sty, and i
didn't find a naming scheme that is version aware. ocamldoc-3.07.sty
sounds awkward but could be a solution if ocamldoc is the only one in
using this.

JoeCaml.xpm could either be moved to ocaml/3.07/JoeCaml.xpm or some
other such scheme.

I hope to solve at least the manpage and JeoCaml.xpm problems this
evening, but for emacs and tex, i would like to have some input from
other peoples.