Re: /usr/include/caml vanished from ocaml

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:51:29AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >   dpkg-reconfigure ocaml
> Why would I need to do this ? What's the reason for debconfing
> ocaml?

Oops, sorry, I meant to suggest you to rerun the ocaml postinst script:

  /var/lib/dpkg/info/ocaml.postinst

that ricreate the link.

The problem I was thinking about was that in an (not so) ancient version
of camlidl I used to install an header file directly in
/usr/include/caml this caused dpkg to remove the symlink and place a
directory with only my header file.

The current version of camlidl is fixed, but if you had installed an old
version you probably need to remove them, rerun the ocaml postinst
script and install the newer version of camlidl afterwards.

Cheers

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/