Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 07:24:57PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> The most important is that the one who wants the package:
> - does the first work of packaging

Ok

> - his ID must be put in the maintainer field

Ok, are you sure? Look at this:

  $ dpkg -p apache | grep Maintainer
  Maintainer: Debian Apache Maintainers <debian-apache@lists.debian.org>

can't we follow the same idea? I guess that there is an Uploader field
for each apache maintainer ...

This seems to me the good choice, because even for the final user is
clear that the package are maintained by a pool.

> - everyone must ensure that the package will be fixed when needed.

Ok, I guess that for us the "when needed" is _really_ mandatory after
ocaml releases or when it's blocking some other package to enter
testing.

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney