Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:24:10PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Ralf Treinen <treinen@club-internet.fr> writes:
>

> > What would be in the cvs ? Only the debian directory ? What about
> > diffs against upstream ?
>
>   The whole stuff. And the diff taged differently. BTW, I would
>   like to go for subversion.

Could you give us a (smallish) 'resumé' of the difference between CVS
and subversion ? I am aware of some, but maybe not everyone is.

> > In general, I like the idea of co-maintainership. However I think
> > that there should still be one real person who is the principal
> > maintainer, and who has some concrete interest in the package.
> > Otherwise we may end up with a bunch of effectively unmaintained
> > packages that nooen cares for.
>
>   You are right: one maintainer and multiple uploaders.

But also multiple people who can work on the packages.

The idea is that this would mean that the project could provide a
natural framework for sponsoring non-debian developers, a bit like the
controversial debian-mentor project, and a bit more, since it would be a
shared stuff. Maybe even some upstreams will help a bit if needed and
such. In the lond run, this could even become some sort of generalized
ocaml archive, like some are asking on the caml list, but i don't think
this is our goal.