Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

Hello,

I have read the cvs_package documentation... In fact i am using it. It
is pretty good but you have to commit the whole source tree and then you
can have problem with symlink ( in one of my package : mtink, i have
symlink in the tarball, i need to remove it, rebuild the tarball and
then build the package against the new tarball ).

I think cvs_package is really difficult to use for big package ( i mean
that if you do not have a very good connection and a lot of time to
spend on commiting / downloading, it is of no use ).

SVN ( Subversion ) seems better for diff calculation and directory
administration. But i don't know if it is enough stable. ( and there is
no ocaml program to manage it ;-> )

In fact, i think so really comaintained package should go there. I am
thinking of the ocaml packaging policy. For now it is just a little text
but it could grow. I think it could be clever to create a project for
it. It can train you ( i say you because i am not yet a maintainer ) to
use alioth, and maybe it will be a good place to manage ocaml policy. I
know it is not as big as the debian packaging policy but it is a
starting point ( in fact, i am a fan of docbook, maybe you can try to
use it to rewrite the policy and start adding some comments... when you
have time ).

Concerning cryptokit and other possible package : i will be happy to
join your team in the near future. The better way to get a list of new
package which need to be done, is maybe asking what people are using
frequently ( i think debian-ocaml-maint is a good starting point, and
maybe caml-list@pauillac ).

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL