Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:20:35PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>:
>
> > On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 06:49:05AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Do you think we would need a separate alioth project for each
> > package,
> > > or one big umbrella project, where all the ocaml debian maintainers
> > have
> > > an account and where each package would be hold in CVS ?
> >
> > Good point: I think that Jerome was thinking about one project for
> > each
> > package.
>
> Yes, I was. But Sven was thinking more about gathering our packaging
> in a single project, I think.

What would be in the cvs ? Only the debian directory ? What about
diffs against upstream ?

In general, I like the idea of co-maintainership. However I think
that there should still be one real person who is the principal
maintainer, and who has some concrete interest in the package.
Otherwise we may end up with a bunch of effectively unmaintained
packages that nooen cares for.

-Ralf.