Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:20:35PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> I agree about a task force for packages we maintain (co-maintainership),
> but agree less for additional packages that noone use (I mean none
> of the maintainers use them). I we have interest in packages, we
> better maintaine them, don't we?

Not in my case: I would like to have at least some additional ocaml
software packages, but I'm not willing to take care of the
maintainership of them.

Stated more precisely: I can produce an initial debian package for the
current available version, but I'm sure that I will able to keep them
update. Anyway I will probably use them if the will be available as a
debian package and this increase the probabilities that it will be kept
up to date.

The undergoing idea is that an "old" version of an ocaml library debian
packaged is better that no version ... I understand that someone can
disagree with this idea ... probably you, Jerome :)

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney