Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

En réponse à Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>:

> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 06:49:05AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Do you think we would need a separate alioth project for each
> package,
> > or one big umbrella project, where all the ocaml debian maintainers
> have
> > an account and where each package would be hold in CVS ?
>
> Good point: I think that Jerome was thinking about one project for
> each
> package.

Yes, I was. But Sven was thinking more about gathering our packaging
in a single project, I think.

> Anyway I was just thinking, yesterday as an umbrella project that can
> fill the gap between available ocaml software and available ocaml
> software debian packaged.
>
> I mean: ok, we probably haven't enough team to package additional
> software, but we probably should share the effort. So I was thinking
> at
> a project under which one of us can decide to package one additional
> ocaml library and upload it with a maintainer field of "Debian OCaml
> Task Force" or something like that. I'm almost sure to have seem
> something similar for other packages.

I agree about a task force for packages we maintain (co-maintainership),
but agree less for additional packages that noone use (I mean none
of the maintainers use them). I we have interest in packages, we
better maintaine them, don't we?

If non maintainers want to maintain packages that no debian developer
maintains, I think there are possibilites for them to open a project.

> Those packages wont probably be alway up-to-date, but everyone of us
> can
> take one of the out of date and update it?

I'm not sure yet.

--
Jérôme Marant