Re: Cruyptokit package

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:46:16AM -0700, David Brown wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 01:19:35PM +0200, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
>
> > Is there a particular reason not to package cryptokit ?
>
> If you do package it, there are a few patches I'd like to see applied.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know if I can give you patches due to the stupid
> US export regulations.  However, I can certainly describe to you what
> needs to be changed, it is only a couple of characters :-)

That is crap, if the package ever enter the archive, it will
automatically be declared to the US authorities, and thus be legal to
export. If anything, you could simply wait for the cryptokit to enter
the archive, do an NMU with the patch applied, and then have Sylvain
take the patch and send it upstream.

So you see, there is no change if you send the patch for direct
inclusion in the first package. And anyway, why are the US so arrogant
they think they have the right to limit patching of a package
originating from outside the US.