Re: status update?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:06:53PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>

> >> It is empty in your proposal, isn't it?
> >
> > ocaml.tar.gz => ocaml_3.06.orig.tar.gz => apt-get source ocaml
> >
> > ocaml-3.06.tar.gz => ocaml-3.06_3.06.orig.tar.gz => apt-get source ocaml-3.06
>
> Yes, this is confusing for users.

But nothing a bit of education/explanation would not solve. Most users
would only be interested in the ocaml binary package anyway.

> >> I personaly don't have anything to update. But, yes, I think
> >> we could postpone the mini-freeze. We are reactive enough to care
> >> for everyone's packages in case of a problem.
> >
> > And what about the weekly mails i receive inquiring about why ocaml 3.06
> > is not in testing ?
>
> Is is a problem with the ocaml package?

No, but it shows a need for the 3.06 package in testing.

> >> Exactly.
> >
> > So much work for nothing then, and there is a sarge preview snapshot
> > scheduled for the end of the month, in which ocaml 3.06 should have
> > found its natural place.
>
> A sarge preview snapshot for the end of the most? How funny.
> There won't be any 3.06 then. This wouldn't have happened with
> a freeze like we used to do before testing existed.
> When we'll see more and more users switching to another distro
> because we are enable to release something properly, then it will
> be time to really discuss what's wrong in this testing crap.
> I'm sad to see that we have to use hacks to work around
> testing flaws.

Well, i prefer the time would be now, and nobody replied to my mails on
debian-devel.

> >> neuro maybe be only on the night. I don't count any more on
> >> Anthony, he's too harsh.
> >
> > Tell me when you plan to try, maybe i will lurk.
> >
> > That said, even a no, we won't do it + explanation would be nice to
> > have.
>
> I'm trying currently.

Ok, tell me as soon as you have an answer.