Re: status update?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:56:41PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:
>

> >   o You and Jerome rebuild ocamlsdl and libpgsql with a system
> >     consisting of testing + ocaml 3.06 packages. This gets uploaded to
> >     unstable (little breakage of sid maybe, but it should not be long)
> >     or testing-updates. I don't know if the testing scripts will take
> >     testing-updates in consideration, but we could make a fuss about
> > it
> >     so that it get manually included. We upload this with priority
> > high,
> >     so it needs only two days or such. Or maybe Stefano's woody
> >     backports will do also.
> >
> > I don't know how you feel about this, but i guess the fourth solution
> > seems the easier on (at least for me :))). What do you (Stefano and
> > Jerome) think about this ? I guess ocamlsdl is buildable in testing,
> > but
> > what about libpgsql-ocaml ? Will it work with the older postgresql ?
>
> Well, yes. It seems to me a good idea. This meant rebuilding
> ocamlsdl in a testing chroot, right?

Yes. altough you would need the ocaml 3.06 packages, so i am not sure if
this would be easily doeable with pbuilder or something such.

It may also cause serious problems with the autobuilders, so we would
have to build them by hand, i think, Mmm, this is a nice solution, but
doesn't sound as easy as it seems.

> I also want to be sure that there won't be any side effects,
> once in unstable.

Naturally there will be side effects, the package will be uninstallable,
but the idea is to have it enter testing quickly, once it has entered
testing, we can upload the new package again.

Alternatively, we can upload to testing-upgrade.

I think the best idea is to do it one of the two ocaml-3.06 ways,
preferably the first, and reserve the second option for ocaml 3.07.