Monday March 17 2003 status update

Hello, ...

Ok, here a quick status update of the state of our packages with regard
the testing migration.

tcl/tk 8.3 entered testing, so this is one less thing to worry about, as
the ocaml package is finally ready to enter testing. The packages that
are blocking it, accrodying to update_output.txt are :

  camlimages : 9 days of 10, but depends on freetype.

  cameleon : 9 days of 10, need to be built on arm, ok now that tetex
             and imagemagick are built, but these may be blocked also.

  gmetadom : 5 days of 10

  gdome2-xslt : problem with libgdom2-ocaml-dev-0.1.4 on i386, but i
                don't know why this causes problem, as this package is
		not yet in testing. Any idea, Stefano ?

  lablgl : 1 day of 10

  lablgtk : ok, gdk-pixbuf 2 days of 10, blocked by cameleon.

  lablgtkmathview : 4 days of 10, gtkmathview.

  gtkmathview : 1 day of 10, need build on m68, but should be ok.

  mlgtk : ok

  netclient : 6 days of 10
  ocamlnet : 6 days of 10
  pcre-ocaml : 6 days of 10
  pxp : 6 days of 10
  xstr : 6 days of 10
  shell : ok

  camlzip : ok

  libpgsql-ocaml : postgresql.

  ocamlsdl : 3 days of 10, arm/mips -> sdl-mixer1.2 -> libvorbis
                                    -> sdl-ttf2.0 -> freetype.

Ok, that is all the direct problems i see, there may be other hidden
ones (like tetex-bin and imagemagick, which are not ready for testing
yet).

The problems we have are :

  freetype : 2 RC bugs : 175889 and 176138, apparently upstream is working
             on it.

  postgresql : needs an arm rebuild, 2 RC bugs : 172572 and 183721, has
               other problematic dependencies, like perl and python2.2,
	       but then, maybe the versions in testing are ok for it.

  libvorbis : libvorbis0/libvorbis0a RC bug : 184764.

Ok, like said this is the status report for today, there is not much we
can do, and in 9 days from now all our packages should be ready to enter
testing, provided the problems we are facing are solved by then. I think
that the libvorbis and freetype problems will be solved or not be so
important, but i don't know about postgresql.

Anyway, i will make another report next monday, and i hope most of these
problems should be solved by then, until then, i can only urge you to
_not_ upload any package, unless there is a real need for it naturally,
so that we can finish this mini-freeze.