Re: Accepted lablgl 0.99-14 - unbuildable on woody

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 06:48:17AM -0500, Sven Luther wrote:
>  lablgl (0.99-14) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Hope i did it right this time :(((

This changelog is a bit useless but surely ... this version of lablgl
isn't rebuildable anymore for woody while -12 was.

Build log attached.

I can obviously patch manualy the woody version, but it seems to me that
you would like to preserve woody compatibility in packages of yours.

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  Undergraduate Student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney
W: /home/zack/.pbuilderrc does not exist
pbuilder-buildpackage/i386 $Id: pbuilder-buildpackage-funcs,v 1.10 2003/02/07 01:59:19 dancer Exp $
$Id: pbuilder-buildpackage,v 1.98 2002/12/12 09:30:48 dancer Exp $

Current time: Sat Mar 15 12:55:45 CET 2003
pbuilder-time-stamp: 1047729345
Building the build Environment
 -> extracting base tarball [/public/people.debian.org/pbuilder/base.tgz]
 -> creating local configuration
 -> copying local configuration
 -> mounting /proc filesystem
 -> mounting /dev/pts filesystem
Copying source file
    -> copying [TMP/lablgl_0.99-14.dsc]
    -> copying [TMP/lablgl_0.99.orig.tar.gz]
    -> copying [TMP/lablgl_0.99-14.diff.gz]
Extracting source
dpkg-source: extracting lablgl in lablgl-0.99
Obtaining the cached apt archive contents
Installing the build-deps
 -> Attempting to parse the build-deps : pbuilder-satisfydepends,v 1.13 2003/01/28 13:34:03 dancer Exp $
 -> Considering  debhelper (>> 3.0.0)
   -> Trying debhelper
 -> Considering  ocaml-3.06-1
   -> Trying ocaml-3.06-1
 -> Considering  tk8.3-dev
   -> Trying tk8.3-dev
 -> Considering  libncurses5-dev
   -> Trying libncurses5-dev
 -> Considering  xlibs-dev
   -> Trying xlibs-dev
 -> Considering  xlibmesa-gl-dev|libgl-dev|xlibmesa-dev (<<4.2.1-5)
   -> Trying xlibmesa-gl-dev
       -> Cannot install xlibmesa-gl-dev; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
Package xlibmesa-gl-dev has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package xlibmesa-gl-dev has no installation candidate
   -> Trying libgl-dev
       -> Cannot install libgl-dev; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
Package libgl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  xlibmesa-dev 4.1.0-16
  mesag3+ggi-dev 3.4.2.1-4
  mesag-glide2-dev 3.4.2.1-4
  mesag-dev 3.4.2.1-4
  libutahglx-dev 0.0-cvs-20010702-3
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libgl-dev has no installation candidate
     -> Considering libutahglx-dev to satisfy the dependency
 -> Considering  xlibmesa-glu-dev|libglu-dev|xlibmesa-dev (<<4.2.1-5)
   -> Trying xlibmesa-glu-dev
       -> Cannot install xlibmesa-glu-dev; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
Package xlibmesa-glu-dev has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package xlibmesa-glu-dev has no installation candidate
   -> Trying libglu-dev
       -> Cannot install libglu-dev; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
Package libglu-dev has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package libglu-dev has no installation candidate
   -> Trying xlibmesa-dev
 -> Considering  xlibmesa3-glu|libgl1|xlibmesa3 (<<4.2.1-5)
   -> Trying xlibmesa3-glu
       -> Cannot install xlibmesa3-glu; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
Package xlibmesa3-glu has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package xlibmesa3-glu has no installation candidate
   -> Trying libgl1
       -> Cannot install libgl1; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
Package libgl1 is a virtual package provided by:
  xlibmesa3 4.1.0-16
  mesag3-glide2 3.4.2.1-4
  mesag3+ggi 3.4.2.1-4
  mesag3 3.4.2.1-4
  libutahglx1 0.0-cvs-20010702-3
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libgl1 has no installation candidate
     -> Considering libutahglx1 to satisfy the dependency
       -> Cannot install libutahglx1; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
or been moved out of Incoming.

  xlibmesa-dev: Depends: xlibmesa3 but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
   -> Trying xlibmesa3
       -> Cannot install xlibmesa3; apt errors follow:
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Note, selecting ocaml instead of ocaml-3.06-1
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libutahglx-dev: Depends: libutahglx1 but it is not going to be installed
                  Conflicts: libgl-dev
  xlibmesa-dev: Conflicts: libgl-dev
E: Sorry, broken packages
E: Could not satisfy build-dependency.
E: pbuilder-satisfydepends failed.
Copying back the cached apt archive contents
 -> unmounting proc filesystem
 -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
 -> cleaning the build env