Re: zack's packages status update

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:51:32AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:28:11AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > BTW, all of your package have been uploaded, right ? So we can start the
> > real mini-freeze today, and hope packages to start moving into testing
> > 10 days from now.
>
> Yes we can, but I'm sure that some bugs get fixed by latest uploads.
> This is the reason because I haven't closed bug in changelogs. Mainly I
> have to wait for the rebuildal of gmetadom on hppa which should happen
> soon. Moreover I have to wait for the rebuildal of gtkmathview on mipsel
> which I have already requested on the debian-mips ML.
>
> Until I've seen these two rebuildal I wont start the mini freeze because
> I am not sure if I had to upload new versions or not.

Mmm, but you are aware that the delay only count from the package upload
time.

> > How do you feel about asking for the removal of problematic testing
> > packages 10 days from now ?
>
> I'm contrary, I see no such an hurry in sarge release that justify such
> a drastic action.

Well, but the packages currently in sarge are obsolete 3.04 ones, which
are even older than the ones currently in woody (i have ocaml 3.06-14 in
woody, but only 3.06-12 in sarge). Do you really believe people still
use that, and not your woody backports or (now) the unstable versions
instead ?

Also, i want ocaml 3.06 in testing as soon as possible, and it is old
back by a zillion other stuff (like a freetype RC bug, or the new
version of postgresql). Would it be that problematic to remove those
libraries that are not able to enter testing, this will not remove them
from users machines, and they will enter testing again when they are
ready.

Anyway, i doubt those package are different from the ones in woody right
now, so there is no real loose to the users.