Re: more detailed testing migration info ...

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 07:09:13PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> 2) problem :
> So, i think this is no real problem, we just need to reschedule a build
> of these packages, i will take care of it, and ask bdale to schedule

Thanks

> 3)
>
>   o lablgtkmathview (hppa mipsel)
>   o gmetadom (hppa) + #174246 (some -fPIC problems with shared objects).
>
> Well, there are 2 different problems. First there is the hppa problem.
> lablgtkmathview depends on gmetadom which FTBFS because of #174246. This
> bug is 70 days old, Stefano, do you have an idea of what is causing it ?

No, because gmetadom building process is performed fully with autotools
and on other archs all went well. Anyway I expect a new release of
gmetadom in next days. I will know this evening when exactly it can be
packages ... just wait a few hours.

> The mipsel problem is linked with libgtkmathview-dev, which fails to
> build for both mipsel and hppa. It fails to build on mipsel because the
> mipsel auto-builder uses rsudo, and apparently it is just a build
> problem, probably a failure to properly clean the config.log file.
> THe FTBFS bug is #178877,

Yes and no, gtkmathview 0.4.0 FTBFS on hppa and mipsel _but_ 0.4.1,
latest version uploaded, wasn't yet rebuilt on this arch. I was just
waiting for the rebuilt of it to see if the problem persist. While you
are at it could you ask also for the rebuilt of gtkmathview so that I
can track down the problem?

> This is a problem since gdome2-xsl apparently depends on an older
> version of gmetadom (since it declares the libgdome2-ocaml-dev-0.1.4
> build-dependency), but gmetadom is already 0.1.5. Still, this package
> was not in testing, so it should not cause us any problem.

Right and, anyway, I'm expecting a new release also of gdome2-xslt.

>   o camlidl ( all arches )  #174532.
> Here it apparently is a problem with the installation of camlidl-doc.

Yes, I've asked for help on camlidl a few months ago because I'm not
using it and debugging applications which are not used is really boring.

Anyway I can look at it in the week end or so ...

> Now, all these are Stefano's package, who is quite busy right now. If he
> does not have time, i think it would be ok if someone else could have a
> look at it, and that we do an NMU of those if needed (is that ok with you,
> Stefano ?).

It's ok for me, but I suggest to wait a bit more for gmetadom and
related packages cause new releases are imminent.
BTW I can probably start again working on debian stuff from next week.

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  Undergraduate Student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney