Re: New ocaml-3.06 packages to test.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 10:22:47AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>:
>
> > En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:
> >
> > > Hello, ...
> > >
> > > I have prepared new ocaml-3.06 packages for you to test at apt
> > source
> >
> > Sven,
> >
> > Are you going to provide default dummy packages as well?
> > Like ocaml depending on ocaml-3.06-1 ...
>
> Well, I just had a look to the diff.gz, and I think you did it
> wrong.
> The new versioned packages must not replace the current ones.

Why not ?

Or do you plan to have both ocaml 3.06-15 and ocaml-3.06 3.06-16
installed at the same time ?

> You must provide one dummy package per versioned package.
> In the versioned package, you need to rename binaries
> like ocaml.ocaml-3.06-1, and the ocaml dummy package will
> provide a "ocaml" link to it.

Mmm, i did not say that these where the definite versions. I think some
kind of renaming is needed, like you say, and i will have to rename all
executables, and provide links to it.

> You need do do such effort for every common file as well.
> (This is how it work with Python and GCC).

No, only for the executables, the rest is already handled by the changed
libdir, or am i missing something ?