Re: lablgtk's dependency on gtkxmhtml

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 06:53:26PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 06:42:26PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > One solution could be to downgrade the libgtkxmhtml-dev dependency to a
> > suggest, which would enable people to install lablgtk without
> > linbpng2-dev, which is suggested in this bug report. Apparently, only
>
> This is not the right solution: that dependency is a real dependency, a
> user that install lablgtk doesn't expect compilation failure with
> messages reported by the linker saying he isn't able to find -lgtkxmthml
> library.

Ok, let's set up a ring or something and have you and Aaron fight it
out, and i will go with the winners solution :)))

> >   o bug the libpng maintainer so that he produce parallel installable
> >   libpng2-dev and libpng12-0-dev.
>
> Impossibile, I guess that that conflics is desired.

Well, do you have definite information on this ?

> >   o bug the libgtkxmhtml-dev so that he provides a libpng12-0-dev
> >   version. I wouldn't recomend this one, like said, gtk1.2 and gnome 1
> >   stuff should be built with libpng2.
>
> This is worth considering.

But it may cause other problems, no, since the libgnome 1.x are built
with libpng2, we would need a full rebuild of all the gnome stuff, which
is not worth it.

> >   o rebuild all lablgtk using apps with lablgtk2, and especially
> >   cameleon.
>
> This is both the hard(TM) and the right(TM) way.

:)))