Re: Accepted camlimages 2.11-1 (i386 source all)

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 03:21:00PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:
>
> > > There are other ocaml applications that use lablgtk 1.2, like
> > cameleon.
> > > You cannot suddendly just decide that you don't want lablgtk
> > anymore.
> >
> > Hah, yes, sure ...
> >
> > I sure must continue packaging lablgtk 1.2 until nobody uses it,
> > unless
> > cameleon is ported to lablgtk 2., that is.
>
> I'd advice that you keep it at least one year.

But maybe i can rename it to lablgtk1.2 or to lablgtk_old or something ?

> > Are there other apps depending on lablgtk 1.2 around, and if there
> > are,
> > does any of them also use camlimage ?
>
> There are at least probably some third party application that still
> use it. (I'd say that every GTK app use it currently).

Yes, probably, but i think it is trivial to adapt them, i adapted my app
in 5 minutes or so, a bit more for removing the opengl rendering path i
didn't use (no easy way to write text, nor circles, and i was doing 2D
anyway) and only keep the Gdk one.

I have no plans to remove the lablgtk1 bindings, hey, i still maintain
mlgtk, and there must be 2 users or so if that much, but i would like to
make lablgtk2 the 'official' lablgtk as soon as it is officially
released by Jacques. At least for stuff we package, like camlimages.

Beside, lablgtk1 need libgtkhtml which in turn needs the libpng2
devel packages, which conflict with the libpng12-0 devel packages.