Re: inter libraries dependencies again

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> > Like we always did before. We just have to change the build-deps
> > and reupload.
>
> Let's take as an example the just done libdir migration.
>
> Suppose you all uploaded your packages with ocaml (>=3.06), ocaml
> (<<3.07).
>
> Then, when i changed the libdir, there would have been no way to know in
> advance about this, and since you did not (<<3.06-13), ocaml 3.06-13
> would have been installed while no library would have been rebuilt for
> the new libdir, and all hell would have got broken.
>
> One solution for this is to have a dependency of the kind : ocaml (>=
> 3.06), ocaml (<< 3.06.1) or even ocaml (>= 3.06-1), ocaml (<< 3.06-2)
> and use two part debian versions (as in 3.06-1.1, 3.06-1.2, ...), which
> is contrary to policy.
>
> But in any case we will not do that now, just before the current ocaml
> 3.06 is ready to enter testing.

  Are you sure you're not talking about dependencies while
  I'm dealing with build-dependencies.

  I don't want to change anything about dependencies, since the scheme
  you describes fullfils our requirements.

  It is different with dependencies since you change them when
  you need to rebuild the package only.

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org