Re: New Maintainer

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 02:48:15PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org:
>
> > > This is no problem, we already package gnutella and maybe other
> > such,
> > > the licence problem is more serious.
> > >

> > Quoting from mldonkey/COPYING
> >
> > This licence is a copy from the GPL licence, with the noticeable
> > difference
> > that, in Section 3, the "preferred form of the work for making
> > modifications
> > to it" does not apply to the donkey/donkey.lam file of the distribution.
>
> Did you read me? Check the _okey_ licence, it is QPL.
> okey is in the "okey" subdirectory.
>
> QPL is not compatible with GPL, don't you remember the Qt/KDE affaire?

Hello and sorry...

Yes i remember. We cannot mix QPL and GPL... Sorry but all this
licensing stuff is very hard to deal with ( and is the start point of
many flamewar ).

In fact, i know that Ocaml team is migrating to GPL licence. I consider
the warning of QPL licensing in Cameleon to be only the relief of an old
licence...

I will help Maxence as soon as i have time...

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL