Re: ocamlfind issues

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 06:08:19PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 05:58:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > BTW, about ocamlfind, should you not test that /etc/ocamlfind exists
> > before opening the dialog about it ?
>
> Uh? If you have findlib installed you have /etc/ocamlfind.conf

Well, i didn't have it installed, so it was a first time install and not
an upgrade (which you could check in the script), so it told me to look
at the /etc/ocamlfind.conf file all the same. But then, maybe we need to
tell this each time, since you could have installed and then removed
(and not purged) the file. That said, testing for its existence could
avoid this, but you would have to do it in the preinst script.

It is not all that important.

> > BTW2, what about moving /etc/ocamlfind to /etc/ocaml/findlib ?
>
> Well, you are right I have to do it, I will do it iff you put the latest
> META file I've sent here in the lablgtk package :-PPPPP

I will as soon as i rebuild the new lablgtk. lablgtk needs
libgtkxmhtml-dev which needs libpng2-dev which conflicts with
libpng12-0-dev and libpng3-dev which is needed by
libcamlimages-ocaml-dev, libsdl-image1.2-dev and libcupsys2-dev.

O, well, it would be nice to have a lablgtk2 that is complete, so we
don't need to care about lablgtk anymore ...