Re: New Maintainer

En réponse à Sylvain LE GALL <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org>:

> > I recall that someone is already working on packaging mldonkey.
> > Unfortunately, mldonkey *cannot* enter Debian as long as no
> > change is made to the okey license (QPL) that will make it
> > GPL compatible (mldonkey is GPL). You need to fix this.
> >

> Yes, in fact, i think we have already talk about that. A part of the
> code was hidden, it is no more. Concerning the QPL licence, i don't
> see
> what code you are talking about, i will browse the code tonight.

  It is the okey component (which is also shipped with cameleon BTW).

> > > I know that mldonkey is maybe not a good political solution ( since
> it
> > > is a peer to peer application, which is tool for hacker ).
> > >
> > > If anyone want to be my AM, please contact me.
> >
> > You first need an advocate. I don't have a lot of time for
> > advocacy, but if noone else is available, I'll do it.
> >

> Maybe i will begin to package mldonkey and then ask for an advocate (
> already package mtink... i think i know some basis, but i need to be
> more accurate, especially for packaging ocaml things ).

  You need to talk to the guy who is packaging mldonkey and ask him
  what he plans for integrating mldonkey in Debian.
  The packaging already exists and can be found in the CVS (see
  the debian directory).

> At last a question : where can i find ocaml-packaging policy ? There
> is
> file in /usr/share/doc/ocaml* but i am note sure that this is the most
> up to date document.

  It is the most up-to-date document.

Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>